Sunday, July 12, 2009

Plastic Castle




Here we are on our 2nd full day and we have been hit with so much! Yesterday Matthew spoke at the Church in Gurgoan outside of Delhi, at the 2nd Service that's in English. It was amazing, it was a modern church so it didn't have the men and women separated to each side And most people were in modern clothes, some women had the traditional dress. But the presence of God was so thick and in the basement of this home where the church was held. So powerful the time of prayer we had after to begin to WAKE up God's people and to ignite that flame what was burning so dim in believers. God came and spoke and it was so beautiful to be apart of it.

We ate at a restaurant called Salsa Salsa and it was a unique fusion cuisine with mexican flavors. Seriously. It was delicious. I did make the mistake and ask if they had beef or chicken with the fajitas... and Derek and Nathan looked at me and "SHH"ed me because as Hindu's they worship cows and do not eat them, and I was like... oh yea... oppss uahhh can I get Chicken please ;-) SO that was a fun experience.

After than we got ready to get on our night train to Patna, Bihar.

Patna is in the poorest state of Bihar in India. From the moment we stepped off the train till when we arrived at our flat, I was hit with so many questions and so much emotion. One being how do these people do it? There were thousands of people around going in all which way direction to and from, in and out. It was utter chaos. The smell took some time getting used to and now 2 days later with semi-no air conditioner in 100 degree heat and the power going out several times during the day and with a very full conference with 150 believers from all over Bihar. Which 10 years ago there were NONE. wow. God be the glory.

The Plastic Castle analogy was formed by a conversation with Matthew in the back of the taxi on our way to our flat. It's the Idea that us americans live in a plastic castle. It's not real.

So with spending some time here in India my eyes have been opened to this part of the world and will forever be changed, and moved to pursue the call on my life by God to be apart of what He is doing all over the world. I feel in my heart that from what I have seen, I can't just keep on going with my life as I see it but give it to love. I don't see my self in India for a long time but If God calls me here, I'll be here. I have no idea what the future holds for me but I do know it will be fighting the injustices around the world weather it be literally sex slavery, or even just domestic slavery. I know my heart has been moved to God's people. The ones who have never had a chance to hear his name.

WOW.

So what's really cool is I bought fabric yesterday and will have 4 outfits made today for under $45 dollars. It was a cool experience in the shops, thankfully we had Preethi with us, she's the pastors wife here in Patna and she helped bargain the prices. Basically if your white, the price goes up...

Anyway, I have much more to say but I will save it for my next post.

Love you guys,

Again Photos will be up soon. Once I get a chance to have more stable internet connection. In Delhi this will help ;-)

Also family, our phone that were suppose to carry with us was left in Delhi a few days ago in the taxi. We will be getting it back tonight and I should be calling soon to tell you I love you.

Love you all, Tessa

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you! My heart is broken with you as I can only imagine the things that you are seeing and what God is revealing to you.

    God, I ask for boldness for Tessa. Build her up in such a way that she can reach out without hesitation. Show her the things that You want her to see--the things that You want her to show the rest of the world. Give her boldness to speak the things on her heart. Pour out Your Spirit on her. Surprise her. Show her Your face in the faces that she sees.
    We love You, Lord.
    Amen.

    I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete