Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day #1: Planes Trains and Automobiles


photo by www.solarpowerninja.com



Hello!

Today is Sunday in India, were about to go to Church where Matthew is going to speak. I'm excited to experience the culture and to get to know the people. Tonight were getting on a night train to Patna, Bihar where will be for 3 days. The Internet there is in and out so will see if I can update there. Hopefully.

Okay, so a long plane ride is full of... snacks brought from home, MOVIES, semi-sleep, motion sickness (if not used to the 14hr flight and turbulence)... and occasionally talking to the people around you. Also flying to India, you most of the time will be the only white people on the plane. NOT this time. We sat nearly in the back of the plane and sat near a handful of Americans that didn't know each other. And were all going to similar places. One girl is going to work in an orphanage about 6hours from Delhi and when we got off the plane we did an quick interview with her after customs and baggage. BUT WOW what an encouragement because all of them are believers and all have similar passions and that's to LOVE people. Bring hope to the hopeless. Well, will see what births out of those connections. I feel that it's bigger than we can understand right now.

We arrived in Delhi around 8:25pm and had an adventure getting to our flat where the Germany's live and have a guesthouse for us to stay in. The streets are full of people at 11pm, it was still 90 degrees and there were hundreds of people sleeping on side of the streets in huts. It has already sunk into my heart and I'm feeling almost sick. Not literally but just the way I live is so glamorous and yet I complain and don't realize how blessed I really am. Anyway, I know I'm going to get hit with this for the rest of the trip.

My eyes are being opened and it's a sight to see. Pray for boldness for me, in using my camera. I want to document this trip and be bold about shots. OR I'll never get what I came here for.

Thanks guys for your support and prayers!

I'll keep you updated when I can. And hopefully some photos 2 ! ;-)

Love you guys!

-Tessa Janae

1 comment:

  1. You are a JOY and Delight!!!! I KNOW that will come through loud and clear to all you meet. Don't hold back. Let your light shine!!! I am very proud of your pesistence. Thanks for understanding my reluctance. Jesus will keep you safe for me. He understands my concerns. I have GREAT peace you are in his hands and doing his will. LOVE, MOM

    ReplyDelete